Is discord down? How does Discord ensure that each user has a name that is completely unique? Enter your Discord tag. This is a comprehensive overview of Discord tags, including instructions on how to edit your own tags. Discord users may distinguish themselves from one another not only by their usernames but also by the tags they use.
In point of fact, many people think of their tags as a component of their identity, and over time, they might develop an attachment to them. As of September 2021, Discord, an online community platform, said it had 150 million users all over the world.
That is an astounding amount, and we do not see any slowdown in the growth of that number in the near future. But since there are so many people on this network, how can Discord make sure that each person has a unique username?
Given that there are 150 million people in the world, there must be some names that are the same, right? However, from the platform’s inception, it has included support for Discord Tag, which provides an answer to this issue. Let’s investigate this further to find out what it is and how it operates.
What is Discord Tag?
A Discord tag is a one-of-a-kind numeric identifier that appears next to your username. It goes from # 0001 all the way up to # 99999. It’s possible that you’re curious about how Discord manages to keep its one-of-a-kind character while having millions of users but just 10,000 tags.
Discord tags are a one-of-a-kind sequence of digits that are allotted in a timely manner to each and every new account that is created on the platform. This number is used to differentiate between distinct usernames and is utilised by users as well as Discord.
Because of this, it includes your username as a component of the tag. To put it succinctly, Bob # 0001 is not the same as Bobby # 0001 in any way. They are handled as whole, independent Discord tags.
If two users with the name John register for an account, Discord will give each of them a tag to differentiate their profiles from each other.
Therefore, one will go by the name John # 0001, and the other will be known as John # 0002.
Where Can I Find My Own Discord Tag?
Sharing your username and tag on Discord is a requirement if you want other people to add you to the platform. To find the Discord tag, simply open the application on your computer, look to the bottom left of the interface, and see the number directly under your username. A helpful hint is that if you click on the username or number, the information will be copied to your clipboard.
How to Locate Your Own Personal Discord Tag
The following steps are what you need to take in order to locate the Discord tag of another user:
- Open Discord.
- Start by opening the user’s direct messages by clicking on Home (located in the top-left corner of the screen).
- The user’s Discord tag may be viewed by clicking on the user’s profile, which is located at the very top of the Discord window.
- You also have the option to go into a server, click on a user’s username, and this will reveal their profile along with the Discord tag.
- This is possible through voice channels, text channels, and even the member list on the right side of the screen.
Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your Discord Number
There is a way to modify a Discord tag, despite the fact that it can only be used by one person at a time. Paying for a Nitro subscription, which is unfortunately required, is the only way to change your Discord number.
However, there is a silver lining to this cloud because it is possible to find a free membership to Nitro, and depending on how frequently you use Discord, purchasing Nitro might be money well spent. Don’t be concerned; if you try out the features and find that you don’t like them, you can easily cancel the subscription.
Should you want to subscribe, the following actions will need to be taken in order to modify the tag:
- Open Discord.
- Proceed to the User Settings menu (bottom-left).
- To make changes to your username, go to the My Account tab and then click the Edit button that’s next to your name.
- You will be able to alter both your username and your tag here, but, before you do so, you will need to ensure that you have your Discord password handy.
The following are some recommendations for fun tags to use on Discord:
- And that wraps things up!
- Your Discord tag has been updated as of recently.
- However, keep in mind that when your Nitro membership comes to an end, you will no longer have access to your personalized tag.
- Also, when your personalized number has been taken away, you will be given a number at random.
What is Discord Nitro?
Premium subscription services, known as Discord Nitro and Discord Nitro Classic, are made available to users of the platform by the company. Users who just use the service sometimes don’t necessarily need to subscribe to use it. Those that utilise the platform frequently are the target audience for Nitro and Nitro Classic. Users who use Discord for both work and fun will find the new features very useful.
What is a Discord Partner, though?
Users of Discord who have a substantial following or who are part of organisations that do not benefit financially have the opportunity to become Discord Partners. The people behind the platform want to show their appreciation for the communities who continue to back them.
For you to become a Discord partner, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- A community on Reddit that has more than 8,000 users subscribed to it.
- Content provider or social media figure who has more than 10,000 followers.
- A charitable organisation that is in possession of a current EIN.
- A gaming community or guild that has a particularly large membership.
- Those who are eligible should already have the Discord app on their devices, which they should have downloaded and set up.
If you meet the requirements, all you need to do is complete the form that’s located on the Discord Partnership page.
Why Did My Discord Tag Suddenly Become Different?
Have you ever found that despite never having subscribed to Nitro, your Discord numbers fluctuate? This is due to the fact that if you alter your username, your numbers may also change.
What causes that to occur?
Let’s assume you want to rename your present username and ID, Jack2 # 1111, to Jack1. If there is already a Jack1 with an 1111 tag, the system will automatically alter your digits to something new so that you have a distinct identification. You won’t be able to switch to that name if all 9999 tags for that username are already taken.
When you enter the Discord platform, you are essentially required to display a badge in the form of your own Discord tag in addition to using it as a form of identification. Your experience will undoubtedly be improved if you take the time to create an interesting Discord tag. Even meaningless tags have the potential to win you over over time, transforming Discord into a digital space in which you have a greater sense of belonging.
Have you created any tags in Discord that you think other people would find cool? Have you ever created tags in the past using methods that are not described in the article? In the comment box below, you are invited to impart your wisdom upon the community.