How to cancel audible membership to Audible.com? One of the most widely used applications for listening to audiobooks is Audible UK. It’s easy to start reading a book while you’re out on a run, doing the dishes, or taking the train to work thanks to the subscription service’s enormous library of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks, which includes a tonne of top-rated and popular works. However, that does not imply that everyone should use it. Here’s how to cancel Audible membership, whether you don’t read enough to make the service worthwhile or you just want to read books the traditional way.
What is Audible?
Audible is an Amazon-owned online service that offers audiobooks, podcasts, and other kinds of audio-related material to its subscribers. Audible has a large selection of audiobooks, including new releases, best-sellers, and classics. They also have exclusive material available just on the site.
On a subscription basis, Audible and its services are offered. It provides a variety of membership options, including monthly and annual memberships that grant users credits that can be used to purchase audiobooks. Users may also buy audiobooks without signing up for a membership.
Audible also provides original audio material, such as podcasts, audio plays, and other programming, in addition to audiobooks. Audible is available on a variety of platforms, including smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. For offline usage, users may also download audiobooks and other related content.
Reasons to Cancel Your Audible Subscription
Audiobook enthusiasts will benefit significantly from the Audible app. However, there may be certain disadvantages that are unique to you.
- One of these might be your major motivator.
- A single monthly credit cannot pay for the Audible monthly subscription.
- You dislike Audible’s recommendation system because it does not emphasize the titles you want. For example, if you used to drive frequently and no longer do, your motive for utilizing the app has shifted.
- Listening enhances comprehension more than reading.
- There are less expensive alternatives than Audible audiobooks.
Even if your reason isn’t on the list above, Audible UK makes canceling a subscription straightforward with a few clicks.
How to Cancel Audible Subscription?
While Audible boasts a lot of appealing features, subscription fees may add up over time. So, if you want to cancel your Audible membership, follow these steps:
- Go to the Audible website and sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click on your name.
- ‘Account Details’ should be selected from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Cancel Membership’ button under ‘Membership Details.’
- Audible will then give you two options: retain your membership, such as by pausing it, or cancel it.
- If you select the latter, Audible may make one final offer to maintain your subscription.
- If you still want to go forward, they will ask you to explain why you want to cancel.
Following confirmation of the cancellation, your Audible subscription will be terminated at the conclusion of your current paying cycle. If you cancel your subscription, all unused credits in your Audible account will be forfeited. The books you purchased through Audible, on the other hand, will stay in your library and will be accessible even after you cancel your membership.
Things to Think About Before Cancelling Your Audible Subscription
There are a few things you should think about before canceling your Audible subscription:
Library of Books
If you bought audiobooks from Audible, they will stay in your library even if you cancel your subscription. However, if you cancel your membership, you will lose access to your library and will not be able to purchase new books until you renew your membership.
To keep your membership active, Audible may offer you a promotional deal or a lower subscription cost. Before you cancel, consider whether these incentives are worthwhile. They might be an excellent strategy to save money in the long term.
If you have any unused credits in your Audible account, you should spend them before canceling your subscription. When you cancel Audible, you will forfeit any unused credits. So make use of them!
If you are uncertain about canceling your membership or want to renew it, try postponing it instead. You may use this option to keep your account operational while temporarily suspending your subscription and regular costs.
Audible isn’t the only service that provides audiobooks and other audio material. Look at options like Scribd, Kobo, or Audiobooks.com. You may also save money by borrowing audiobooks from your local library.
How to Put your Audible membership on hold
You may put your Audible Plus or Audible Premium Plus membership on hold for one to three months if you aren’t sure if you want to cancel yet or if you just want some time to catch up on your audiobook backlog before paying for more. During this period, you will not be required to pay and will not accrue any credits. To stop your Audible membership, go to the Account Details page and pick “Pause membership” rather than “Cancel membership.” This option is not accessible for non-credit-earning plans or subscriptions initiated through iOS or Google Play.
Is it possible to cancel Audible via the mobile app?
The Audible smartphone app is a simple way to listen to audiobooks on the move. However, despite the fact that it can access a large library of titles, download books for offline listening, and employ all of the playback options you might desire, it cannot accomplish one thing.
That’s accurate; you can’t cancel an Audible subscription through the Audible mobile app. There is no way around this, but that doesn’t mean you can’t cancel your membership from your mobile device. On the contrary, you may cancel your Audible subscription via mobile, but not using the Audible mobile app.
How to Cancel Audible Website Membership Plan
These procedures will work regardless of your device; all you need to do is go to Audible.com.
- Access your Audible account.
- ‘Account Details’ should be tapped or clicked.
- Tap or click the ‘Cancel membership’ button.
- Choose your reason for wishing to cancel your membership.
- Follow the onscreen procedures, and once done, you will get an email confirming that your membership has been terminated.
How to Cancel Audible Membership?
Amazon offers a free 30-day trial of Audible UK if you want to give it a try. When that period has passed, a $14.95 monthly fee will be applied to your account. You can quickly end your subscription if you wish to cancel Audible that trial before billing begins. Once you’ve made up your mind, you may proceed to cancel your Audible subscription. We will first go over the straightforward procedure step-by-step before moving on to a few additional rules that you need to be aware of.
- Access the Audible desktop website.
- The Audible app for phones or tablets does not support subscription cancellation.
- Select account details by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to your name.
- At the bottom of the “View membership details” box, click “Cancel membership.”
- On the next screen, Audible will ask you to tell them why the cancellation happened.
- After giving your justification, press the “Cancel Audible Membership” button.
- Depending on where you live and why you want to cancel, Amazon may offer you an alternative. For instance, it could recommend a one-time membership plan rather than a recurring one.
- In an effort to persuade you to stay, it may also present you with a “special” plan.
- If you’re not interested in the service, carry on with the cancellation procedures.
- To complete your cancellation, sign in to Amazon Audible UK one more time.
- An automatic email will be sent to you as confirmation of your cancellation.
How can I cancel Audible subscription?
You must contact Amazon if you genuinely want to remove your Audible account (which means you will need to delete your Amazon account as well). Since you’ll want to be able to access your audiobook collection even after you cancel your subscription, there’s really no reason to remove your Audible account entirely. It is important to remember that if you delete your Audible account, you will never be able to get back into your collection.
But here’s how to delete the account if you’re done with Audible and Amazon and want to:
- Sign in at Amazon.com.
- Click “Help” when you’ve scrolled to the bottom of the page.
- To contact us, hover over “Need More Help?” and click on it.
- Select Prime or a different option.
- Audible.com login & Security can be chosen under “Select an Issue.”
- Choose Close My Account from the menu under “Select Issue Details.”
- Choose a way to get in touch with Amazon so that a person can help you terminate your account.
Cancel Audible on your iPhone
The actions you need to take if you have an iPhone are as follows:
- Launch the iPhone’s settings menu.
- Log in with your Apple ID and enter your name.
- Subscriptions should be selected from the drop-down menu.
- Next, locate the Audible section and click the “cancel subscription” option.
- Your Apple ID is required to access the subscription button.
- Here, choose Audible and click the subscriptions icon to find the “cancel subscription” button.
- Your subscription cancellation button will say “cancel” in red lettering.
Cancel Audible for Android
There are a few steps to take if you want to keep cancelling Audible on your Android smartphone. They consist of:
- Your Android phone or device should now be open to the Google Play Store app.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, you ought to see your profile image.
- Select the option for payments and subscriptions under the profile menu.
- Audible is in the list of subscriptions when you choose that option.
- Finally, click the option to cancel the subscription.
Cancel Audible On the desktop version
It is really simple to cancel Audible UK using your web browser.
The steps consist of:
- You must first sign in to your Audible account.
- Visit the Account Details area after that.
- Choose the “See membership details” option there.
- Then, just click the “cancel Audible membership” option and adhere to the page’s instructions.
- You should get an email letting you know that your membership has been canceled.
To receive another free Audiobook credit, cancel and then come back!
You can also get a free audiobook by stopping your subscription and then starting it up again with the same amazon audible account. The following are some details about this promotion:
- Since you must use the same account to receive the deal, cancelling Audible and then rejoining only works if you don’t remove your amazon audible account in the interim.
- You may only use this deal once; you cannot stop and start receiving free audiobooks from Audible again.
- If you joined Audible and used your first free month of credit, you will not be eligible for the further free audiobooks.
- They will consider that credit to be your “free audiobook” if you don’t use it.
Cancellation with no payment
If you are still having problems with the cancellation procedure or the cancel membership button, use the Do Not Pay app. By terminating subscriptions you no longer want to utilise, this software might assist you in discovering hidden sources of free money. You may use almost any web browser to open this program, and all you have to do is click the button to locate hidden money. Then, all you have to do is choose Audible as the subscription you wish to completely cancel. Numerous people have already reported success with the training.
How do I cancel using Audible on iOS?
You may cancel your Audible subscription if you did so through the Apple App Store by going to the settings on your iPhone or iPad.
Simply choose your subscription by selecting it, tapping “Subscriptions,” and then selecting “Cancel Subscription.”
How are your Audible credits being used up?
This one is a little trickier. Credits obtained from a Google Play or iOS app membership for Audible never run out. You’ll maintain any unused credits if you reduce from an Audible Premium Plus plan to an Audible Plus plan. If you entirely cancel your membership and it was not an iOS or Google Play membership, your credits will be forfeited when your membership expires.
Can I keep the books I’ve checked out after I cancel my membership?
The Audible audiobooks you bought with your credits before ending your subscription can be kept, so the answer is yes. Like previously, you will always have access to your library and be able to read the books whenever you want. The main distinction is that you won’t be able to replenish your library with fresh credits or books.
How do you cancel Audible On Android?
On an Android phone or tablet, you may return to the Google Play Store to cancel your Audible subscription if you signed up there. Simply touch on your profile image, choose “Payments and Subscriptions,” select “Subscriptions,” and then select “Cancel Subscription” under the “Audible App” heading.
Why am I unable to cancel my Audible membership?
You cannot cancel your Audible membership via the app. Instead, access your account in a web browser and choose “Cancel Membership” from the account details. If you’re experiencing difficulties canceling your Audible subscription via iOS or Google Play, try canceling via web browser. If you’re still having problems, contact Amazon customer support, who will be able to assist you in canceling.